LIVE - Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Live Blog: Round-by-Round Analysis, Updates

McGregor speaks:
I turned him into a Mexican. What can I say, I had a bit of fun over this side. I thought it was close. I get a bit wobbly when I'm tired. there was a lot on the line and I should have been allowed to continue. Early on I was handy enough. He was composed, fifty pro fights will give you that. I've been strangled on live TV and let it go. But f--- it, it was a great buzz. The man should have let me go, let the man put me down. It was fatigue and I get wobbly. Let me wobble back to my corner. You've got to put me down. Happy to perform for a different crowd and to be here draped in the flag. 
Mayweather speaks:
“[Conor]’s a tough competitor - we gave the fans what they wanted to see. “He’s a lot better than I thought he was ... he used different angles. But I was the better man ... It was our gameplan to take our time and take him out down the stretch. That was my last fight. Tonight I chose the right dance partner. Conor you were a great dance partner tonight.”

MAYWEATHER WINS on 10th


MCGREGOR could no longer defend himself and the referee had to end it. 


ROUND NINE MAYWEATHER LEADS

Mayweather is absolutely going for the KO. With McGregor slowing down.


ROUND EIGHT MAYWEATHER LEADS

It's his first fight. He won the first two rounds or was allowed to as Mayweather surveyed the danger, but McGregor has now punched himself out.


ROUND SEVEN MAYWEATHER LEADS

Better from McGregor circling round Mayweather but his shots have no force. Now it's time for the schooling, hitting him repeatedly with rights into the hip, stomach and face. McGregor is bleeding from the mouth.


ROUND SIX - MAYWEATHER LEADS

Mayweather is on the way forward all the time now virtually, upping the power with a burst of body shots to the ribs. McGregor is having to improvise.


ROUND FIVE - MAYWEATHER LEADS

Mayweather is clearly enjoying himself, flashing a wink at Carl Froch at ringside. McGregor looks exhausted and Froch says his punches now lack power. 


ROUND FOUR - MAYWEATHER LEADS

McGregor ramps it up at the beginning of the round again but Mayweather is the master of not getting tagged. He begins to take over, smashing a couple of right hands into McGregor's chin and kidneys.


ROUND THREE - MCGREGOR  LEADS

Uh, oh. McGregor keeps punching Mayweather in the back of the head. Mayweather's timing is not right yet but he is hitting McGregor with body shots and McGregor's mouth is wide open and he is breathing heavily.

ROUND TWO - McGregor  LEADS


McGregor again starts on the front foot backing Maywaether into the corner until he forces his way out.


ROUND ONE - McGregor LEADS


McGregor landed several punches on Mayweather to Floyd's surprise. McGregor gains confidence. 


12:10 A.M. ET

Floyd Mayweather has reached the ring!


12:06 A.M. ET

McGregor has started walking to the ring!


11:51 P.M. ET

Fight delayed until SHOWTIME figures out its Pay-per-view issues. Confirmed by SHOWTIME.

11:42 P.M. ET

Davis won with an overhand left-handed punch that connected with the back of Fonseca's head. Fonseca gets knocked out! Fight delayed until SHOWTIME figures out its Pay-per-view issues. Confirmed by SHOWTIME.


11:32 P.M. ET

Mayweather-McGregor fight is delayed due to pay-per-view issues.


11:12 P.M. ET

ESPN's Sal Palantonio reporting that they are delaying Mayweather-McGregor fight to deal with PPV issues.
https://fansided.com/2017/08/26/mayweather-mcgregor-delay-start-time-ppv-issues/


11:04 P.M. ET

Fight won't start till 11:30PM.

10:54 P.M. ET

McGregor said: “I’m going to go out and by myself. Free. Creative. Spontaneous.” 


10:32 P.M. ET

Sports Illustrated Facebook LIVE Stream.
https://www.facebook.com/SportsIllustrated/videos/10154791937586367/

10:32 P.M. ET

Floyd Mayweather was just interviewed by Jim Gray on the Showtime PPV.

10:16 P.M. ET

Conor McGregor has arrived. 

9:46 P.M. ET

Floyd Mayweather has arrived. 
Counter

How long until Mayweather vs McGregor?

Comments